Every night, just before I head upstairs for the night, I take two big swigs of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar). The main reason I do this is because my wife loves the smell of vinegar on my breath as I crawl into bed next to her. There are actually many (more than I can list) reasons why I’ve done this for almost three years now. Like most things I do, it’s hard to point out anything that it has directly effected or improved, but I know that the cumulative effect of lots of little things adds up to being healthy, happy and racing well.
So here’s a quick list of the benefits of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar each day:
1. Cheap and Easy Detox – No need to get on some juice cleanse or detox program. Apple cider vinegar is a liver and lymphatic tonic which can help detox your body. It helps balance your body’s pH and stimulates cardiovascular stimulation, bowel motility (aka poop) and lymphatic drainage.
2. Cures Acid Reflux and Heartburn – Some of the main causes of acid reflux and heartburn are an imbalanced stomach pH and lack of enzymes and probiotics. Apple cider vinegar is full of all of these nutrients. Drinking before or after meals can cure acid reflux. The pectin in apple cider vinegar may also help to soothe intestinal spasms.
3. Kicks Yeasts Butt – The side effects of candida (yeast) can be bad breath, lack of energy, UTI’s and digestive issues. ACV contains probiotics and a type of acid that promotes the growth of probiotics which help kill off candida.
4. pH Regulation – Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which is acidic in nature but has a more alkaline effect on the rest of your body. Balancing your bodies pH can reduce your risk of chronic illnesses like cancer and can dramatically increase your energy.
5. Makes You Hate Sugar – If you have late-night sugar cravings, try a shot of ACV. It reduces sugar cravings and improves detoxification from eating too many Swiss Cake Rolls.
6. Diabetes Fighter – Medical research has proven that the acetic acid found in apple cider vinegar can balance blood sugar and improve diabetes. One theory is that vinegar might inactivate some of the digestive enzymes that break down carbohydrates into sugar, thus slowing the conversion of complex carbohydrate into sugar from a meal into your bloodstream.
7. Snot Reducer – ACV helps break up mucous in your body and support lymphatic drainage. I do miss the snot rockets.
8. Cures a Cold – Apple cider vinegar is the ultimate remedy to cure a cold and sore throat fast! Because it’s loaded with vitamins and probiotic boosting acetic acid it’s a great natural cure.
9. Recovery – ACV contains potassium and enzymes to help eliminate fatigue. Plus, its amino acids may help prevent the buildup of lactic acid in your body, further preventing fatigue.
So once you get past the face you make every time you drink it (I try to fight the sour-face, but I can’t), you’ll appreciate all that this little bottle of magic can do for your health and wellness. Cheers!
Be sure and visit all of my sponsor’s websites. I sought out these companies because they provide great products and services.